This is a simple recipe and easy to make. You can substitute ginger with finely minced lemongrass. You can ALSO keep the ginger and add lemongrass to make ultimate chicken dish.
2 pounds Boneless/Skinless Chicken Thighs
4 tablespoons Fish Sauce
1/2 cup water or chicken stock
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons Coco Caramel Syrup
1/2 teaspoon crushed black pepper
2 tablespoons ginger julienned
3 cloves garlic minced
2 shallots minced
1-2 Thai chilies thinly sliced
2 green onions cut to 2 inch pieces
- Cut chicken thighs into 1 inch or bite-sized pieces.
- Clean, peel, and julienne ginger. If you don’t like big pieces of ginger, you can also mince ginger as well.
- Add fish sauce, sugar, Coco Caramel Syrup, and julienned ginger to chicken and mix. Cover and marinade for at least half an hour.
- Prepare garlic, shallots, and Thai chilies and set aside.
- Heat wok on Medium High and add 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Add garlic, shallots, and Thai chilies until fragrant. Add Chicken and sear chicken until brown for a few minutes on each side to lock in the flavors.
- Add water or chicken broth and simmer until sauce is reduced to desired consistency.
- Stir in green onion and additional chili
- Serve over rice.