While browsing through the book, I started looking at the cookie section and realized I have all the ingredients since my cousin left a bunch of the ingredients at my house from baking cupcakes at my house the week before, so I decided to bake Peanut Butter Cookies because that is Jane’s favorite.
Tip: If you never baked before and want to save some money on the ingredients, try buying it at Wal-Mart or Target. I find it much cheaper than buying at Safeway or Lucky.
I will continue testing recipes from the book and will definitely post it if it turns out good 🙂
Ingredients (For about 15 cookies):
1 1/4 cup – All Purpose Flour
1/2 teaspoon – Salt
1/4 teaspoon – Baking Soda
1/4 teaspoon – Baking Powder
1 stick (8 tablespoon) – Unsalted Butter (Softened)
1/2 cup – Light Brown Sugar
1/2 cup – Granulated Sugar
1/2 cup – Creamy Peanut Butter (Preferably Skippy)
1 teaspoon – Vanilla Extract
1 – Egg (room temperature)
1/2 cup – Dry Roasted Peanuts (Crushed for texture)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix Flour, Salt, Baking Soda, and Baking Powder in a bowl
- Mix Unsalted Butter, Light Brown Sugar, and Granulated Sugar in a large bowl until combined together with a fluffy consistency
- Add Peanut Butter and combine until evenly distributed
- Add egg, then combine until evenly distributed
- Add vanilla extract, combine until evenly distributed
- Slowly add flour into butter/sugar mixture combine dry and wet ingredients with a spatula
- Mix in crushed dry roasted peanuts
- Form balls and place on cookie tray ~2inches apart
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until edges are brown
- Take out of the oven and let sit on cookie tray for another 10 minutes.