I’ve been into seafood tacos lately. I tried fish and shrimp tacos at Dia de Pesca and loved how light, fresh and delicious the tacos tasted. I found this recipe in my ATK magazine I bought at Walmart. The best part about recipe it can be done pretty quickly and would be a fantastic weeknight dinner.
16 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup vegetable oil (or olive oil)
2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 limes, juiced
1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
2 jalapenos, minced (seeded if preferred)
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
2 tablespoons butter
- Heat halved garlic cloves and oil in small saucepan over medium heat until mixture starts to boil. Reduce to low and cook for about 10-15 minutes until garlic softens to make garlic infused oil.
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat garlic oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook shrimp, stirring occasionally for about 3 to 5 minutes until cooked. Transfer shrimp to a plate leaving liquid in skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add lime juice and butter and whisk until smooth.
- Add cooked shrimp, minced garlic, lime zest, jalapenos, and cilantro to pan toss and coat.
- Serve on hot corn tortillas and top with favorite taco toppings and condiments.