I’m a huge fan of Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. It brings back a lot of childhood memories and its so good! On this particular day, I felt like eating a grilled cheese sandwich, but didn’t want to be so ordinary. So I went to Safeway and got Sourdough bread and Pepper Jack Cheese to create a simple, but different take on the classic Grilled Cheese sandwich with White bread and American Cheese.
The Grilled Cheese sandwich turned out really good and so easy to make. I used Pepper Jack cheese, but I’m sure you can substitute for your favorite cheese and sliced bread and it should work fine.
Sliced Sour Dough Bread
Pepper Jack Cheese
I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Margarine
Sea Salt and Ground Pepper (Optional)
- Slice Sourdough Bread to desired thickness (2 slices). I tried cutting it 1/2 inch thick. You can also used pre-sliced Sourdough if you like
- Slice Roma Tomato and set aside
- Put 2 slices of Pepper Jack Cheese, 2-3 slices of Roma tomato on top of the the first Sourdough bread slice and put the second slice of Sourdough bread to form a sandwich
- Spread I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter margarine over the top slice of bread
- Turn the heat on the griddle/pan to Medium until hot
- Put the sandwich onto the griddle (Buttered part down) and let bread brown
- While sandwich is browning, spread I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter margarine on the unbuttered slice of bread
- When one side is nicely browned, flip it and brown the other side
- After the second side is nicely browned and you see that the cheese is melted, take it off the griddle, slice in half and enjoy